G'day Dan

Situation:  a mail room getting HEAPS of artwork that has to be
printed on a tight turnaround time schedule. 30-40 emails per hour.
The email and art has to be date/time stamped and archived to the mac
AND the server on a network. For some reason the network is @#$% slow.
We're talking 1 minute 20 to save 3 files.

Latest situation in last hour. We've compared the performance of the
power mac to my iMac 8000 miles away (I'm the author of the
Applescript handling the printing/saving) and discovered that the end
user had a HP laser running on his power mac using AppleTalk. We
removed the printer, turned AppleTalk off (and set to automatic) and
now the server is nearly as fast as the external drive. We can turn
AppleTalk back on, and still maintain the speed as long as the printer
is removed from the printer list.

New Question.  Can we do anything to use this printer and maintain
speed?

Regards

Santa