From: insightinmind <billycarm...@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: My  Ethernet Duel G4 want start after updating.
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 4:59 AM

>>> But another
>>> question, how can I boot up with the drive I want without using a
>>> external disk repair utility to select. Is their a way?
>>> choice

Are you asking for methods for starting up from external drives?

I believe Shift-Opt-Command-Delete when starting up, asks the system
to startup from an external disk, or alternate partition (like a
Classic OS 9 partition).

Xpostfacto can also be used to Startup, using the internal disk as a
Helper, resulting in the external disk being booted from ... I think
that's the way it goes. It does create a boot cache of some sort,
which may complicate things if you return to normal boot mode.

I can use that technique to Startup from external FW drives on my
Yikes!, where ordinarily I cannot boot from external FW or USB drives
at all on the Yikes!.

I believe you could also Startup from the CD or DVD Install Disk, and
use Startup Disk in the Utilities menu to redirect to an external
drive. I might be off in the names of the Install disk menues/items,
but you get what I mean.

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio