Bruce Johnson wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 6:06 AM, Paul Kemner wrote:
>
>> My question: If the VGA monitor is switched off (and it would
>> probably look
>> like it's unplugged due to the KVM switch), will my G4 boot in
>> single screen
>> mode, or will I just see half my desktop? Will I have to change the
>> configuration every time I switch from one to two monitors?
>
> Nope. OS X is good about seeing multiple monitors and handling the
> changes, even on the fly. No need to do anything.

I don't want to get in a shooting match, but if your monitors are
different sizes and resolutions, sometimes your resolution and colors
will get reset in OSX too. This comes from experience on a G4 running
Tiger with one LCD plugged into ADC and one plugged into DVI on the same
video card. Sometimes if I didn't switch one of the flat panels on
before I booted, the other one would get reset to some default values.
The Apple display plugged into ADC was 1024x768 and the DVI one was
first 1280x1024 and then replaced with a 1900x1600.

Stephen