>> Apple does really know how to make people upset, obviously you
>> wonder why real businesses don't use Macs.  It's because Apple does
>> stuff like this.  I mean look at Microsoft and how they keep
>> supporting older hardware.
>
> That is not at all true. I work for a couple of LARGE (300+)
> employees and they are constantly upgrading their systems.  They
> keep server version software longer, but that’s about it.

just saw the server version is intel only as well...  DOH    three of
our four xserves just got obsoleted,   two are G5s that handle the
majority of the work one handles mail and web the other handles file
sharing.  the 3rd is an old G4 it has 4 drive bays so that's our
retrospect backup server which will stay as it is, still running
10.4...      I'm not even working those G5s hard at all   so there is
no need performance wise to upgrade, but   I know my boss is going to
want all the new stuff in 10.6 for his iPhone

I wonder if that'll be like 10.4 and 10.5 with open directory
incompatability or will 10.5 and 10.6 talk to each other   and will
iCal 2.0 server require the clients to be on 10.6?   (has all the
features we've been waiting for to replace the crash happy now up-to-
date clients)

I'm gonna have my hands full this fall (unfortunately 10.6 will come
out right at the beginning of our peak season too)