> If I were the head of a sizable operation that invested in the latest
> G5s I would be letting Apple know loud and clear that I am not a happy
> camper.

well we're small so complaining won't change a thing with apple.    If
10.6 plays nice with 10.5   I think we'll be fine and we'll just run
10.6 on the capable machines

but nothing on apple's site gives any indication,    my main concern
with the server is OD.  can a 10.5 master replicate to a 10.6
machine?    It is a bit of a worry as when we upgraded to 10.5, it
would not replicate to the older 10.4 servers so we had to upgrade
everything.   Also will the iCal2 server in 10.6 play nice with iCal
on 10.5 client machines?    this is a slightly lower concern, people
who very much need the calender are about due for a computer
upgrade(minis will serve very well for those people)

it'll be an interesting fall around here!  be nice if it came out now,
things are slow in the summer.

-sam