On Jun 9, 2009, at 7:03 PM, Kyle Hansen wrote:
> As an ex-Apple employee and current Apple Certified Technician I
> COMPLETELY
> agree with the above statement.
>
> I am a nanny here, and I am well aware that this *is* lowendmac.com,
> but you
> guys have this thread running well into the future which is not what
> this
> list is really for but what the heck.

I agree that Apple needs to look ahead and plan for the future.
However, I don't think they should abandon the G5 so readily.
Supposedly compiling Universal Builds is as simple as clicking a check
box in Xcode. Not being a developer, I don't know if this is actually
true or not. However, if it is, it requires basically zero effort to
compile a binary that will run on Intel or PPC. Granted the extra code
will take up more space, but that doesn't seem sufficient reason to
leave all of us G5 owners in the dust. Or is Mr. Jobs trying to get us
to buy shiny new Mac Pros?

Eric