On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:28 AM, lgers...@gmail.com wrote:

> Folks,
>
> On Jun 13, 1:54 am, Kyle Hansen <pi...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a Nanny here at LEM.  We have some rules about posting in our
>> forums.
>> One rule that gets looked over quite frequently is what is called
>> ³top
>> posting.²  We ask that you post your responses AFTER the text you are
>> answering.  This is called ³bottom posting² and considered the polite
>> Internet standard.
>
> This was posted in error. Bottom posting is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED, along
> with selective trimming. Top posting will not get you banned or
> moderated.
>
> HOWEVER, many of the more active/ knowledgeable members adhere to
> bottom posting/ selective trimming etiquette and on more than one
> occasion have mentioned (on or off list) "If they are not willing to
> take the 3-5 seconds to bottom post and trim, why should I take 3-5
> minutes to help them out".
>
> It makes email list threads much easier to read. If you examine some
> of the longer threads we have had here lately, you will see how hard
> to read a thread/ long message with a lot of previous top/bottom
> posting, along with trying to figure out who said what.
>
> So, PLEASE folks, TRY and bottom post and trim out non-relevant
> portions. But there is no firing squad or banishment for violators.
>
> Also, just a reminder, do not post attachments to the list.
>
> Thanks,
> Len Gerstel
> lgers...@gmail.com
> G3-5List Nanny

Sometimes it is not as easy executed as said. Sometimes people use
mobile devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry or who knows) and on
some of the mobile devices you can't cut or partial delete if you hit
the reply button. I'm pretty sure most people try very hard to follow
your advice but it is not always as easy as it seems. Just some
thoughts from somebody using mobile devices a lot.

Peter M.