At 11:43 AM -0400 6/13/2009, insightinmind wrote:
>On Jun 13, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Dan wrote:
>  > So when I see top posting or tiny fonts, I usually just delete the
>  > message without reading it.  And move on...
>
>Regarding Rich vrs Plain text and html ... I recently changed my
>Signature to be plain text/non-http-html (for my G3-G5 list e-mail
>address account only) ... I think that was over-riding my other
>choice of "Responding: Use the same message format ...". My responses
>have returned to immediate turn-around whereas they were delayed
>probably by the google Server, for possibly containing Rich Text and/
>or html.
>
>Make sense? maybe I should drop my signature ... seems harmless enough.
>
>Bill Connelly
>artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
>myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio

I doubt plain vs rich (aka html) in a sig would block your emails at
the server level.  If they were going to bock, the thing they'd most
likely hit on is the content therein, eg the myspace url.  A quick
search thru my unfiltered spam trap shows thousands of messages
containing "myspace.com".

At the user level, a lot of people junk html-based emails unless
they're from someone on their whitelist.  It's easy enough to do -
just filter for an x-html tag.

Your original post in the Lightning thread is rich (HTML), btw, but
the font sizes are good.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth