> So, in the general experience of others, are the latest ITunes and QT
> updates
> recommended for Tiger on a G4 or not?

Get the updates. I have had the updates (iTunes 9 and Qtime) since
the day they came out, and have not had a crash yet on my eMac 1GHz
running 10.4. Though I have noticed the visualizations running slower.

Thanks,
Po-en Tsai

-- eMac G4 1GHz running OSX 10.4 and 10.5, 60gb HDD with 1GB ram.
Super speedy! iMac G3 Indigo 350 MHz, running OSX 10.4, 10.3 and OS
9.2.2, 80gb HDD with 768MB ram. Rather Fast!