I still have the very first iPod and still use it for music and as an
external HD!!! Yrs ago when they went from 1.0 to 1.5 it pissed me off because
it down loaded a clock in mine and it burned up the battery twice as fast...
How many clocks do we really need anyway??? When ever my computer ran software
updates I always unchecked the iTunes ones after that... Now the only good
thing that came with the updates was somewhere through out the yrs it pulls the
album titles and song tracks from the internet so I don't have to type them in
anymore!!! So I learned something with this, "we have to take the good with the
bad"... I say uninstall iTunes 9 and go back to iTunes 8!!! I also read
something else here with these threads is: You can only link one iPod with 2
computers??? Maybe this is why I can't get it to work on some computers, but it
does work on more then 2 of them???   CoolKat