Ok, I'll chime in. I have Beige G3 at work running an eternal slide show on two 19 inch LCD monitors. And a 500mhz G4 for general classroom work, mostly Photoshop, on another pair of 19 inch LCDs. Both running OSX, the G4 runs Leopard. Very reliable and fast enough.

At home I have a dual 800 gig DA G4 for serious graphic and video work on still another pair of 19" LCDs. We have a family MacBook we all use downstairs for email, browsing and games. I almost forgot the clamshell my ten year old sometimes uses, also networked to everything else and the web. The G3 iMac she occasionally turns on for old OS9 games isn't networked to anything.

Sure I'd like a desktop Intel Mac but who can justify the expense? Especially when everything else still works fine.

And the truth is much of my browsing and email is done on this little Touch I have in my hand right now. Pretty up to date, at least until next week. Who could have imagined it?

Rich
Sent from my iPod