--- On Fri, 1/22/10, Da'Birdman <sa...@defalcos.com> wrote:
"Why would anyone join a group dedicated to Power PC G machines and ask why you
are still using them?"

Ha Ha!

Always trust a Texan NOT to trust anybody. I think your answer is the huge
number of replies it generated.

Personally I think it's a fair question. These lists start with the subject
matter being the latest hot Apple product. Inevitably as time goes on the
equipment is superseded and so, if you are an owner, the question of what to do
with the old tech arises. Unfortunately it is our sad duty to call the end and
consign them to the landfill (or the bottom of the closet).

Reading between the lines a lot of the responders have multiple Macs and they
cannot be using them all at the same time. I am one of them. I have one in many
of the rooms of my home, all networked, but mostly turned off, because they are
"still useful".

However, I've been thinking recently of a 13" MacBook Pro, to replace my 12" AL
PowerBook (which is one of two Macs I have bought new). I don't use a mobile as
much as I did but I suspect that once I have bought a new one, all my old Macs
will become redundant (except my Quadra 950, and an Xserve or two :-).

John (Sugar Land, Texas)