On Feb 3, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Chance Reecher wrote:

> Are you using a retail Tiger disc? The retail discs will not boot Intel Macs,
> only the discs included with those machines will.
>
> John Carmonne wrote:
>> Please clear this for me, I'm under the impression that Intel machines only
>> boot with GUID partition table, is this correct? Because I can't boot my
>> shirt drive but it's Apple Partition Map.
>>
>> I'm not giving up yet even though MBP says It can't accept my Tiger install
>> disk. I will try a CCC to one of my GUID shirt drives that has 10.6.2 on it
>> and boots the MBP. A guy at the Apple store said he thinks the MacBook Intel
>> Tiger is a special disk. I don't think that's the case.
>>

>> John Carmonne
>> Yorba Linda USA

Yes I have a retail Tiger disk. I'm at the moment  doing a polish XPostFacto by
attempting to boot off a GUID disk with a Tiger system installed via CCC. This
method works on other machines
that say the machine cant boot or run this system:-)> Maybe it will work? No
real need for this other than to do it.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA