On Mar 4, 2010, at 8:16 PM, Paul wrote:

If I use Graphic Converter, can I make all the pix in my pictures folder the right size to fit my desktop?

Your pictures are all the same aspect ratio as your monitor? Normally photos are 3:2 or something close; and monitors are 4:3, 16:9, or 16:10. Unless your photos are in the identical same aspect ratio as your monitor, you'll either need to crop them, or have added margins; unless you decide to change the scale (stretch one or both dimensions).

Now how?

No. It's "how now, brown cow".

If you go to System Preferences>Desktop & Screen Saver, you can select any folder with photos and OS X can resize any photo as a Desktop photo automatically. You can also use any folder of photos as a slideshow Screen Saver with various effects, and they will resize automatically also. I never noticed what the automatic resize algorithm does, it likely scales (stretches) photos to fit exactly?