On Mar 7, 2010, at 6:15 PM, dorayme wrote:

>> John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com> Mar 06 04:27PM -0800 ^
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2010, at 2:37 PM, dorayme wrote:
>>
>> Well this sounds so complicated to me.; I would start all over. I assume you
>> still have the QS intact, I would start with a brand new untouched MacBook
>> Pro and just let Migration Assistant do what it does best.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I really wish I knew what MA does best! <g>
>
> All I want is this: I continue to work with my QS as usual. I will NEVER EVER
> abandon it! It is the best machine i have ever had, and that includes my ex
> Ford XY.
>
> But my MB should have the latest apps that came installed from Apple when it
> was delivered plus all the latest versions of my favourite apps (like Firefox
> with add ons and extensions, Cyberduck, iCab ...) that I have *recently*
> downloaded fresh from the internet.
>
> And, critically, *in addition*, in respect to things like Mail, having all my
> messages from way back, all my old mailboxes, when I send new messages they
> go to their destination "from" whatever email I choose, servers are contacted
> without bafflement, passwords known. And in respect to MT-Newswatcher, having
> all the same groups and settings and ready to go. About Cyberduck, all the
> bookmarks and all the settings and all the passwords known. If keychain is
> crucial for passwords, that keychain is updated from the QS.
>
> --
> dorayme

 I think you can make a CCC of your QS on an external and then connect it to
the MB via USB and use MA to update the new MacBook from the external disk I
fact I've done it. Just migrate the whole thing and then see what you have.
You've nothing to lose. As someone said also the time starts out lying.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA