The FX 5200 is shorter that the original card, so the hook used to secure it to the AGP slot latch is lined with the slot and has to get inside if I want the card to fit.

It`s the same lenght as the Rage 128 fitted originally to early G4 PowerMacs (I had one to compare), so it would perfectly full the Gigabit Ethernet AGP slot. The AGP slot in the G5 is far longer (64bit vs 32bit slot), so the hook with catches the G4 AGP slot latch would have to get into the longer AGP slot of the G5, in an area which has its own connectors, which MAY be damaged in the process.

I was worried this could damage the slot, so in doubt I did nothing and put back the original video card.

I was told by the seller the card was used in another G5, so I guess it should fit, but not being 100% sure I wanted to ask first.

Gorka