I've been running this Clamshell with the new 7200rpm HD for hrs on just the
battery, it's cooler then my other Clamshell and the battery which I clocked
2yrs ago it ran for almost 2.5hrs (marked it on the battery) it is now lasting
for over 2.5hrs!!! These tests I ran are just idling and not going to screen
saver or surfing the web... I haven't shut it down since yesterday morning and
it is only a little bit warm on the bottom where the HD is!!! I never leave my
computers running anyway when I'm not using them I always shut all of them down
when not in use...
   So Ben, I think you might be right??! Only time will tell???