Hey Stewie, Thanks for doing that!!! That g-book group when ever I try to post there it won't let me, it tells me I have to register and I already am... So when I try to register it tells me that user name is already taken, I say yes I know it is me???
      Anyway talking about quieter, I think it does run quieter too!!! The HD I got is a: " Hitachi " Model# HTS726060M9AT00 Manufactured Jul - 08...   Now someone yesterday told me they make 10,000rpm HD's for laptops too??? That sounds like something to put in my Ti Powerbook??? How would that work???

> On 25/04/10 11:25 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:
> > I have to say I got this old Clamshell running and that 7200rpm HD
> > really woke this machine up!!! It runs faster and smoother then my Ti
> > Powerbook which has more then 2 X's the proc speed and almost 2X's the
> > memory

> I always wonder why this is the case at times. It makes no logical
> sense. And these, like yours, are real differences.

I posted this in the g-books section but it is equally pertinent here.

Compare 4200, 5400 and 7200 RPM drives in a Powerbook
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/hitachi_travelstar60GB_7200/travelstar60GB_7200rpm.html

From my own experience with my powerbooks of various flavours , each time I went up from a 4200 to 5400 then to a 7200RPM drive resulted in a 15-20% increase in speed.
The early 7200 RPM drives certainly ran hotter and louder with an increase in power needed to run them than previous 5400 RPM drives but the later versions (as all technology improves) are a lot better.

Stewie