On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM, John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi a\All
> I'm moving a 1.25 GB file from one machine to another and this thing ... took
> about 30 mins.,

I should have done the arithmetic long before this, but unless you're
way off on your numbers. 1.25 GB in 1800 seconds is only 0.71 MiB/sec.
Cheap flash would be slow but I wouldn't expect it to be THAT slow.
You should be getting at least single digit MB/sec transfers.
(Shouldn't he?)

Perhaps you could test read/write speeds using either Dan or Bruce's
suggestions?

I mean for pity's sake, that's less than 5.7 Mbits/sec. The USB 1.1
spec at 12 Mbits/sec would be faster than that.

-irrationally long winded john