Charles Lenington writes,

<Try going into the bluetooth prefs and turn off blue tooth.>

No can do. :-( I can't do ANYTHING with the Mini the way it is now. The cursor arrow is STUCK in the upper left side of the screen while the little gear in the dialog box screaming for a Bluetooth mouse spins and keeps telling me no mice have been found...

Jack Countryman writes,

<Why is Bluetooth turned on, if you do not use any Bluetooth peripherals?>

Dunno. I never touched it that I can recall. Like I said, I've never had this happen, never seen it before.

<What happens if you safe boot and turn Bluetooth off, then reboot normally?>

How do you shut off Bluetooth from a safe boot? Safe boot = boot while holding the shift key, right?

<Or is there some sort of Bluetooth preference/history file from some othertime when someone (maybe someone other than you?) had such a device around your computer when Bluetooth was turned on?>

1. No idea. I bought my Mini from someone on the LEM Swap list, but I did my own install of the OS using the 10.4.2 system CD which was included.

2. Not that I'm aware of, but maybe. My boyfriend always has his work laptop (ouch, a Windoze box) with him when he comes over, and he has this little wireless card-sorta-thing for Verizon wireless Internet access which he uses for work (is this a Bluetooth device possibly?), but that stuff is always in the living room and the Mini is in the bedroom.....other than that little wireless card-sorta-thing for his Verizon wireless account, at the moment I have no idea what else he's got that might be Bluetooth.

Well, I'll be happy to try a safe mode boot (confirm please, shift-power button?) and turn off Bluetooth that way if you can tell me how.

Thanks,

~Yersinia.