On 5/10/10 11:47 AM, ===( )8> wrote:
Clark Martin writes,

<It might well have been a problem with the KVM switch. That would
account for the "stuck cursor" (no mouse connection), the failure to
safe boot (no keyboard connection) and possibly the bogus bluetooth
mouse (maybe, because it didn't see a wired mouse and figured you had a
bluetooth mouse).>

Oh wow! Yeah, the KVM acting momentarily wonky DOES sound like a
possible explanation. Oh wait, how's THIS (although I have no idea how
Bluetooth prefs got turned on in the Mini in the first place):

My reasoning for the Bluetooth (thin, I know) is that I believe new Macs will automatically look for a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard if wired versions aren't connected at first start up. Now why it would decide to do this on an existing, operating system, I have no idea.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA