Hey Yersinia,
   I'm wondering if you ran a software update right before this happened??? If
so they always bring up those blue tooth updates and I always delete them and
what ever I do not use or need... If something does slip through I open up the
HD and go to applications folder and delete anything in there I do not use or
need... If you can change the settings for software updates to "never check for
them" and do it manually do it???  You may have to do a clean and reinstall
(make sure you save any files to a USB storage device or even an iPod if you
have one), when it's done do your software updates manually even if you have to
go to Apples website to find the right OS update in their archives (but I think
you said your CD is 10.4.2 and that is what you are using?) if not and you
can't run the latest OS 10.4.11, find the one you need in the archives from
Apple's website... I'm thinking if you didn't run any software updates maybe
someone else did and didn't tell you??? I always delete stuff out of my machine
that I do not use because it frees it up and runs a little faster... There is a
program out there too and it's free "monolingual 1.3.9" to delete all the
languages out that you don't use, when you run this program it takes a very
long time to run so it removes a whole lot of languages (I never realized there
were that many)... Sometimes it's just easier to do a clean and reinstall
instead of spending hrs or days trying to fix it...