On Jun 15, 2010, at 6:22 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

You can boot the G4 Mini and all PPCs USB by powering up the USB drive first also you can boot via USB stick (slow but gets the job done)
I booted my iMac g3s and all G4 machines both ways to prove the point.

I don't believe this is true. I've tried both the 1.25GHz original G4 Mini and the 1.42GHz G4 Mini with MANY powered up USB drives of all types, including both optical, HD and flash sticks, and none were able to boot on either Mini. Further, I've exhaustively scoured the web looking for any method to boot a G4 Mini from USB, and the only clue I ever saw was about using Open Firmware to manually force the USB to boot, which I also tried, and did not have success with. If you have a G4 Mini booted from USB please post a link to a screenshot as proof this works, and detail the exact OS and procedure you used please?