On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:39 PM, John Carmonne wrote:
>

>> On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:
>>
>>> I bought a used pioneer DVR-106PB (apple branded) on ebay last month.... I
>>> tried a dvd on it when I got it and thought it was fine? but I just today
>>> tried to get a cd to mount and for some reason it won't? bad drive? or
>>> not.....
>>>

>>> Jeff Engle
>>> Kamiah, Idaho 83536
>>>

>> Is it in the PM G5?
>>
>> John Carmonne
>> Yorba Linda USA
>> Sent from my MBP
>>

> Yes... it is. Jeff

I had this happen on a PM G4 a while ago I'll tell you what I did to fix it and
I sure can't say why. After hours of frustration reinstalling the systems and
verifying the drive in an external box on other machines it turned out to be a
file that's called frame work. I had to actually manually reinstall it. I don't
know if this applies to your system. The first thing I would do if you can is
to check the drive on another machine or say on the FW ports of the PM G5.
John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP