On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:06 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:39 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

I bought a used pioneer DVR-106PB (apple branded) on ebay last month.... I tried a dvd on it when I got it and thought it was fine? but I just today tried to get a cd to mount and for some reason it won't? bad drive? or not.....

Jeff Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536

Is it in the PM G5?

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP

Yes... it is. Jeff

I had this happen on a PM G4 a while ago I'll tell you what I did to fix it and I sure can't say why. After hours of frustration reinstalling the systems and verifying the drive in an external box on other machines it turned out to be a file that's called frame work. I had to actually manually reinstall it. I don't know if this applies to your system. The first thing I would do if you can is to check the drive on another machine or say on the FW ports of the PM G5.

John, just so happens that I installed the drive into an external fw enclosure... it's still kind-of sporadic in behavior, the first time I put a cd in in, it would not mount on the desktop, but.. when I opened the drawer, then closed it (with the cd inside), then it mounted fine? weird huh? I just bought (arrived today) 2 pioneer 118's from newegg... installed one in the pmg5... I had 2 kernal panics... restarted a couple times... tried to pram reset and for some reason I could only get one chime? strange... I also got a new wireless board and magic mouse today too, maybe there's a glitch in the wireless stuff... belkin bluetooth module? hmmm....

Jeff Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536

My Mac Information:
Power Mac G5 (Early 2005 Model)