Would anyone care to share their experiences with Newer Technology's
MiniStack?  Specifically version 2.5?

I'm considering buying one, but I've occasionally run into a specific
problem with external drive enclosures, and so I like to check others'
experiences first.

The problem I've seen with more than one enclosure is that they will
lock up after some random amount of data transfer on large
transfers.   Yes, sleep is turned off, etc.   Other enclosures with
the same drive installed are fine, and when I have an enclosure with
this problem, it happens on every computer in the house that has
USB.

For example, the cheap Venus USB/Firewire enclosure that Dealmac
listed several years ago.  As an aside, most of the enclosures that
Dealmac reports which have really low prices turn out to be ones that
have abysmal reviews.

So, I'm careful now when buying a new enclosure.

So how is the MIniStack 2.5?   Does it do file copies which are tens
or hundreds of gigabytes without stalling/freezing?

By freezing/lock up, it doesn't lock up the computer.  The copy just
stops progressing and the drive stops responding.   The host computer
is fine.

Thank you for any helpful or humorous responses.

Jeff Walther