I am aware that this is a mechanical issue that all mechanical HDDs do
experience regardless of brand, but I would argue that it is more then
just 'the nature of the beast' when a particular model suffers
failures in large enough numbers that it becomes it's claim to fame.
I have to admit I did not know that those issues where mostly limited
to the 40-60GB drives.