On Jul 8, 10:47 am, "t...@io.com" <t...@io.com> wrote:
> Would anyone care to share their experiences with Newer Technology's
> MiniStack?  Specifically version 2.5?

I have three (actually now four)
two 2.5 Mini stacks
and whatever version came before that.

I boot from the older one (80 G) and have a 1T drive and 250G drive
daisied to it.

I agree with the fan issue. seems to run than I'd like and is
significant white noise.

In general they work for me, but I'm interested in the problem you
report.
Here's my version.

I've been using the 1T drive mostly to boot from when doing AV big
file stuff
so that I'd have sufficient scratch disc space.

Occasionally when booted from the (lets call it a 2.0 mini) things
freeze up with the spinning ball.
If I eject the 1T drive the problem disappears.
Maybe an address problem or something. I'll have to remember to find
the Log next time.

Otherwise I've been happy with the Mini Stacks
and just bought another 2.5 with a 1T Seagate drive so that I can back
up one to one.
I also took advantage of a recent (current?) Seagate deal (see their
site) on their 500G FreeAgent firewire drive.

hth
Cliff