To finish off this thread (at least the title topic) and for the
record:
-The Digital Audio's 466MHz does fit -- as is -- into the Gigabit. So
no soldering needed there, it's not even too tight.
-The processor runs at 350MHz, just as Len predicted.

However, I can't get the Sonnet card to work in the DA. (Right now I
can't find the thread where I posted that, when I do I'll write
something there as well.)
Since my previous post, I discovered that a special Sonnet patch is
indeed needed. The full story:
1. Do Apple's firmware update. This can only be done when booted from
Mac OS 9.
2. Download and install the correct patch (they call it "firmware
update" too, confusingly) for the Sonnet card and the OS (I think 10.4
and 10.5 is the same patch). This can be done in OS X, but you have to
reboot in programmer's mode. The instructions are quite clear (or
maybe they aren't, because after all I can't get the card to work...)

So I installed that patch on the DA (sub-1.4GHz speed, 10.4; final
message: patch successfully installed) but the computer doesn't boot
with the Sonnet inside.
Just now I realize that I forgot to try resetting the PRAM, but that's
the only thing I can think of now.
I've reset the PMMU already -- I'm not sure that's the right name; but
what I did was to unplug the computer, take out the backup battery,
and press the little button close to it on the motherboard.

If you have any ideas what I can try more, please let me know!