On Sep 11, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Erik Hancock wrote:

Is there a possible way to repair or do I just need to wipe the disk and
reinstall the system software?

You can boot your OS X install DVD and run Disk Utility from the disc.

Similarly, Drive Genius 2 will need to be run from an alternate boot system or Drive Genius 2 boot disc.

The traditional "gold standard" for OS X HD repair is Alsoft DiskWarrior.

If you run the best utilities you have access to and can't repair the HD, you'll need to attempt to backup your HD to an alternate HD and then wipe the original, reformat, and do a clean install. You need to be aware that HD file problems are often a precursor to HD failure. I'd look at the SMART report for this HD.