On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Sep 15, 2010, at 7:45 AM, ah...clem wrote:

the problem in OSX is not the controller, it's the fact that there
isn't an OSX driver for that scanner.  i'm not sure that the 2906
controller works with OSX either, but even if you got an OSX
compatible PCI/SCSI card, it still would not see the scanner in OSX.

If he had an OS X compatible SCSI card VueScan SHOULD see it. I needed no drivers for my UMax scsi scanner under OS X once I got VueScan.

You don't need the SANE stuff to do this, just a working SCSI card.

VueScan is by far the best scanning software I found it runs on all my machines from iMac G3 to MBP Snow Leapard. And nicer than than stock printer software, many more choices.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my TiBook 500