Hello list,
I have a Digital Audio DP533mhz that I want to play old games on, and
use old adobe software, pretty much use as a toy, I have a g5 and a
macbook pro so I don't need the thing, but I really want to go back to
the old days of my imac once in a while.

I cannot boot into os9.  I have a generic retail 9.2.1 cd that I have
tried to install and it almost works.  I have installed os9, didnt't
work so I replaced the System Folder with the one from the 9.2.1
install cd, and opened it to bless it, but when I restart as I press
the option key it offers the hard drive system folder as a boot option
then tries to boot, reboots and goes into Panther.

1. I have an Adaptec card that has the 2 hard drives, one on each bus,
both are cable select and format fine but
2. They are both over 200 gig.  That isn't the problem is it?  The
card allows for big drives, and is why I got it.
3. It boots from the retail cd fine.
4. I got the computer off ebay and I don't have the original install
cds, but places like
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1835
say that 9.2.1, which is written on my retail cd, is supported.
5. 10.3 works great on one of the hard drives, I want os9 solo on the
other one and thought it would make it easier.
6. Classic works fine, I tried opening the system folder on the os9
drive in classic to bless it for when it boots off the hard drive but
it didn't work.  It would change the system folder form a regular
folder to one with a smile face on it, but it would boot from the os9
drive for a second then reboot right away into osx.
7. I tried using the "sudo bless -folder9 .../path... -use9 or -
setBoot " from inside osx and it didn't work.
8. I reset the pram a bunch of times.

Any ideas?