I've been having the same problem too... I think you can not do a dual boot
on Panther and higher it will only work with Jaguar and back??? I have a retail
copy of OS 9.2.2 that came with my first version of OS 10 and it won't work and
all these machines did run them at one time before I upgraded to Tiger...