----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Differences between single and dual G4 Quicksilvers
Date:    Samstag 16 Oktober 2010N
From:    Peter Haas <peterh...@cruzio.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> The "raw" (i.e. unpopulated) board is the same between the 0.8 GHz
> (AKA, 800 MHz) and the 1.0 GHz (AKA, 1000 MHz), but the boards are
> "stuffed" quite differently as the chips are different.
>
> It is, therefore, not possible to "divert" a 0.8 GHz to a 1.0 GHz.
>
> I suppose is is possible to divert a 1.0 GHz to a 0.8 GHz.

I don't get this.
Is the board the same or is it not?

I sometimes read that the QS2002 Single-800 MHz board is supported by various
processor upgrades, but the Dual-QS2002 boards are not. Why is that?

What do you mean by “stuffed”?
Do I get this right: chips that are not soldered onto the board maybe? – And
these chips are different comparing the Single-800 and the Dual-1000 model?

By “divert” you mean to put a QS2002 800 MHz CPU into a QS2002 Dual board? Why
should this not be possible, when the opposite is possible?

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250