On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Fluxstringer <fluxstrin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Lion ?

It looks like my one word post and simple title question have hit some
nerves.

Money talks and BS does not want to pay to play ( or cannot afford to ) I
would step up and buy the stuff if I could afford it Steve. But you who
introduced home computers at an affordable price have lost sight of those of
us with modest or even less than modest means.

And your media hype rant against Android still seems way out of character
for a phone hacker who now evidently does not think consumers should buy
phones they can hack themselves to their own need. Are we going back to the
" you can have it in any color as long as it is what we want to sell " days?
( more on that in the LEMlist group)

But yes the world needs great computers like the Mac still. But wringing the
pockets of users ?  How long can that be sustained in a bad economy ?
Boutique brand for elitists. Or affordable tools for everyone. What will it
be Steve ?

Perhaps some control is needed to make everything work correctly. But it is
looking like Apple profit is the motive rather than quality for the user
when every aspect of the market has to be micromanaged.

And how long will the new stuff be good for. I'm still saving for the G5 I
could not afford 5 years ago. And those with G5s are crying because their
machines are sitting on shelves next to 7200s albeit with much more hopeful
price tags.

Can the low end consumer ( who needs a reliable machine that is not
maddening more than anyone ) ever get a break from Apple ? 'That $ 500 mid
tower anywhere near release date ?

I think it's time to ditch the G machines and support Steve by buying iPads.
It's the closest thing many here will ever get or afford  of the current
Apple experience.
I sm going to hurry to do this because in six months the new OS for that
will come out. And a year from then the version after that won't run on the
my year old iPad.

That planned obsolescence idea is really ramping up faster these days. It
must be good for business.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com