On Oct 21, 2010, at 3:40 AM, Brian Christmas wrote:

Unfortunately obsolescence is a fact of life in the electronics industry, even tho it's not planned.

That may be true but Marketing certainly is planned.

And, I see Apple slipping into "big brother" mode which humankind will naturally resist.

I've been a Mac user, (Mac Plus by way of employment), since 1985. I bought my first Mac II way back in 1987.

Since that time, I've seen Apple go through two major OS changes, (68xxx, PPC and lastly Intel), and while each of these changes certainly advanced the user's experience, I have detected a creaping feeling of the heavy thumb of Applelonian control. (How's that for a new word? <G>)

If things turn out as many are suggesting, Apple's ascension may run smack into a brick wall.

It's just how things work...

JT