On 2010/10/21 10:26, Bruce Johnson so eloquently wrote:
On Oct 21, 2010, at 9:11 AM, Tina K. wrote:

>  What's really fun is when you migrate to a new drive, or rename the current
drive, and finding your downloads buried in /Volumes, which is invisible by
default.
/Volumes is not invisible. Open a new finder window.  Click on the computer at
the top of the list on the left. The window now shows the contents of /Volumes

Oops, my mistake. I have invisible files enabled and I thought /Volumes was one of them.

Moreover, migrating to a new drive, or renaming the current one does NOT move where
your downloads folder is, unless you're doing something else weird to the system,
because your Downloads folder is ALWAYS at/Users/<short username>/Downloads.

That was true for my browsers, but not so for NetNewsWire.

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2, 1.25 GHz G4, 2 GB RAM, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64 MB DDR
Power Mac June 04, 2 GHz G5 DP, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL 256 MB