I took a video project  to the talent's home tonight. They brought out an
early Intel Mac laptop.
The files were Quicktime. The small resolution overview played fine. The
wide screen HQ files were only 1024 wide or so but played haltingly. Yuck!

And streaming video off youtube was a joke. I do not mess with the machines
of others. But there are 5 year old PCs that would not flinch at this. If it
had been my machine I would have been very embarrassed. And Apple should be
ashamed.

An Intel Mac !  And too messed up to cut the mustard. Owned by the wife of a
highly placed professor with access to a department IT guy. And Apple Care
too boot.