On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:31 PM, Richard Gerome wrote:

> Also Chuck,
>   He never stated it was coming from the monitor??? He said it was coming
> from under the hood... Where and what is the hood here??? The only thing that
> I thought he was talking about was the panel on the tower??? The only thing
> that I know of that has a hood is a car... Oh yeah the ones from Europe call
> it the Bonnet... This is why I thought it could have been the HD...

The main issue is less than you blamed the hard drive but that you did so from
a position of utter ignorance of the system involved. You heard 'G3' and leapt
to a conclusion based on your experience with a completely DIFFERENT system.

To continue the car analogy, it's like you jumping into a discussion of a VW
Jetta TDI running raggedly, and stating that replacing the spark plugs and
switching to premium gas would likely fix it.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona