Hey Paul...

On Nov 17, 2010, at 7:41 AM, Paul Stamsen wrote:

> Over the weekend I managed to gunge up my B&W to the point where a re-install
> was
> necessary.
>
> I've gotten as far as 10.2.3 and can get no further, despite good copies of
> 10.3.3. I
> cannot seem to find the right version of XpostFacto. 3.0 won't see the discs,
> 4.
> won't see anything.
>
> I am so spoiled by years of painless Tiger I'm hopeless.
>
> Anyone have a lot of patience to spare?  As near as I can tell, I got both
> h/ds in
> pretty good shape.
>
> And, less I've chosen wrong, I believe this would be the right list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

What sort of problem(s) you having with the re-install? Error messages? System
Freezes? (Sparks, Smoke, Small Detonations? ;-> )
Shouldn't need XpostFacto to install up to 10.4 on the B&W.
You say "good copies of 10.3.3". Are those =Apple= disks or backup copies. That
=could= make a difference as some optical drives refuse to play well with
burned CD's or DVD's. Not as common these days, but the Smurf is a bit long in
the tooth. Don't get me wrong... love the B&W. Have 2 operational and a parts
machine.

Amanda