Too bad I didn't know about this List a few years ago....I could have saved a lot of time and trouble!

Larry

On Nov 17, 3:29 pm, Lawrence David Eden <lde...@comcast.net> wrote:
 I installed OSX 10.4 on my old Smurf and XPostFacto was required.
 10.2  (Jaguar) was the last OS version that was fully supported on
 the Smurf.
(Hi Larry!) When I installed Tiger on your "revived from the dead"
Smurf I did straigt off the OEM 10.4 DVD. XPF was not needed. If 10.4
doesn't install properly on a Smurf I would look for hardware problems
(CPU going bad, RAM needs re-seating, DVD drive needs cleaning, hard
drive failing, etc.) then do an erase and clean install.

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml