On 2010/12/01 09:17, Bruce Johnson so eloquently wrote:
On Nov 30, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Tina K. wrote:

Speaking of Applejack, does anyone know how to get it to clean
user caches and check user prefs when the user folder is on a
different drive? I've tried entering the user name, user number,
and file path but it won't accept any of them. I asked on the
Applejack forum, and submitted a bug report, with no response to
either.
How did you tell the system that the Users directory was on another
disk?

System Preferences-> Accounts-> Advanced Options… (right-click)-> Home Directory:-> Choose…

If you have a symbolic link from/Users/<username>  to the
directory on the other disk applejack should work, BUT you have to
manually mount the second drive before you run Applejack, because
Applejack only mounts the boot volume.

You'll need to know the device number of the second drive, and where
it's normally mounted (which is probably/Volumes/  )
snip

the mount command would be (in single user mode)

/sbin/mount -w /dev/disk1s2 /Volumes/TardisToo

In single user mode I entered:

/sbin/mount -w /dev/disk1s3/Volumes/User%20HDD

and it returned this message:

"Unknown special file or file system"

So I tried the same command but changed the volume to "User\ HDD" and it returned the same message.

(file system is HFS+ journaled case insensitive)

Should I rename my volumes without spaces? Boot volume is "OS HDD"

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64MB DDR
Gnome/Ubuntu 10.10

Power Mac June 04 2GHz G5DP 8GB RAM GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL 256MB Leopard
10.5.8

PowerBook G4 15" HiRes DLSD 1.67GHz G4 2GB RAM Radeon 9700 128MB DDR
Leopard 10.5.8