At 8:57 PM -0700 11/30/2010, Tina K. wrote:
Speaking of Applejack, does anyone know how to get it to clean user caches and check user prefs when the user folder is on a different drive? I've tried entering the user name, user number, and file path but it won't accept any of them. I asked on the Applejack forum, and submitted a bug report, with no response to either.

Do it from OnyX.

The *point* of AppleJack is to address *immediate* deep system problems on the boot volume, to get you up and running. If it ain't on the system volume then it ain't important.

I can clean/check them with MainMenu or Onyx, but it would be easier to do it with Applejack since I run it anyway.

Run it anyway? AppleJack is NOT a general maintenance tool. It is the honking big sledgehammer you use when your system is farked.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.