On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Alex Barnes wrote:

A good Mac card (no flashing needed) would be an ATI Radeon X1600 with 256 MB of RAM.

You sure about this? PPC Macs are very different that Intel Macs, and the X1600 was an Intel Mac card, not a PPC Mac card. I've never heard of any PC card that worked with a PC ROM in a PPC PowerMac, they all needed flashing to work in a PPC Mac AFAIK. In Googling around, I don't see any PPC PowerMacs using an X1600, it appears to be used only in Intel Macs.