From: Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, February 3, 2011 1:01:54 AM
Subject: Re: Flashing Video Card for G5?

On Feb 3, 2011, at 12:15 AM, Alex Barnes wrote:

> Oops... I meant the X1900 card. It only works with PCIe G5s though.

I still suspect the PCIe X1900 will require flashing unless you get a "Mac
Edition" card, and that card will be really expensive compared to a PC card. As
for AGP cards, there are a lot of options available. The GeForce 7800 I posted
earlier is the largest and fastest of the AGP cards that can be flashed for PPC
Macs AFAIK, but there are many others with less VRAM that are slightly slower,
and probably cheaper too.

--You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for