Clark Martin wrote:

On Feb 10, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

I came to use my computer and I saw it was still on.
However, less than a minute later it shut itself off.
I cannot see a reason in here (it happened at about 5:32 AM)

Mac OS X 10.4.11 on an 800 MHz Quicksilver
No USB devices hooked up except the KB and Mouse
Am using the better of the 2 Video Cards
It is set to NEVER sleep

I'm guessing it's this.

Feb 10 05:32:14 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePMU::PMU forced shutdown,
cause = -122

------
Hello,

According to:

Mac OS System Error Codes: 0 to -261
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1618

HFS Errors
-122    badMovErr       Move into offspring error

I did a search on badMovErr, and found this explanation:

What that error code means is that you've tried to move a folder into itself, or into something that's already inside it.

So for instance if you had a folder called One, and inside that was a folder called Two, you can't move One into Two, because Two is inside One. So you'd have One inside Two, inside One, inside Two, inside One, inside Two.....

....and so on and so forth.

Same thing would happen if you tried to put One inside One, it would be a continuous loop of folders. So the system stops you doing things like that.

JP.

Apple Certified System Administrator
The Mac Place - Macintosh Support, Consultancy, & pithy Mac blog