Whoa! Good for you!
Wish I had done that!
Hope you have happy sailing!
Richard

On 19 Feb 2011, at 12:34 PM, diane wrote:

I never had any intent of trashing the G4 unless I could have afforded a new Mac Pro. :)

I got the power supply rebuilt for $89 and a lot less time than you outlined. Fired right up, the mobo and all drives are fine.

Now I need to revisit my backup plan - as that IS my backup machine and I can't afford to have my data sitting in a dead machine should it go again. My externals are smaller but I am going to start backing up my documents to them so I at least have access if need be.

Thanks so much for all the advice!

Diane