On Mar 19, 2011, at 8:47 PM, jason wrote:

I had the pismo in target disk mode and it transferred the
6.5 gb worth of pictures, however, some pictures were psychedelic
colors, and some were missing.  And I got the same popup box (as noted
in the original post above) that told me that the files could not be
imported--even though they were right there in front of me.

I don't think you're going about this the right way. It appears you're trying to "Import" the old iPhoto library, and I believe the problem here is that you've skipped too many versions of iPhoto in trying to go from iPhoto 3 to iPhoto 6 directly without the intervening versions 5 & 6. I could be wrong, but it seems likely because iPhoto changed a lot between these versions.

As I have said before, I believe the "easist" way to do what you're trying to do is manually navigate to the "originals" folder on the Pismo while the Pismo is mounted in Target Disk mode, and then drag & drop the entire "originals" folder into the open iPhoto 6 application window so that they will be automatically imported. The problem with this method is that you will lose all of the editing changes you've made to any photos, but the advantage is that it should work seamlessly, giving you 100% of the original photos from the Pismo.

If you have done extensive editing to the Pismo photos it would be a better idea to figure out the "correct" way to import the library WITH editing changes intact. I don't believe G3-5 list is the optimal place to be asking this question, you'd likely be better served on the Apple Discussions>iLife>iPhoto section here:

<http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=143>