I understand that more content is being posted in HD but most if not
all of what I watch has the option to dial it down a bit to say 360p
and it runs fine.  I think it might be partly people forgetting these
machines are several years old because they are still so capable at
everything else  that sometimes you forget you are using an older
machine.

I have also heard that most of the problem with flash on PPC has more
to do with the PPC implementation of Flash being horribly written and
has more to do with the mediocre effort of an Adobe software developer
then the actual hardware.  I am not a programmer so I could not really
make an informed decision on that one.