At 4:41 PM -0700 3/21/2011, glen wrote:
Like most have stated I have had no success with viewing streaming Youtube
videos. My best Mac is a 733 MHz DA and in streaming Youtube there are long
pauses with only a few seconds of play.

Sounds like you have a buffering problem.  What speed is your 'net connection?

Try clearing your browser cache.

Try clearing your flash cache.

Try changing the Flash storage settings.
<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html>

However once the video is downloaded using only the Activity window in Safari it plays without a hiccup with the free MPEG Streamclip video player on the DA.

Which means that the machine is fast enough to handle the flash content. The problem is buffering - the ability of the machine to get enough of the content in memory to keep up with playing it.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.